Sunday 18 January 2015

Vegan Tiramisu Cheesecake - Bible


                                                                My Final Recipe
      I have been making a lot of really amazing and yummy recipes lately but today I wanted to try to mix it up a little bit and make something a little more complex. Today we are going to make Tiramisu
cheesecake. I had never tried it before so I was in for a surprise and my mom reassured me it is very good.











This recipe had a lot more to it than I thought. And because its vegan I didn't buy the Lady finger cookie layer I made it from scratch. There was a whole lot of Ingredients and a whole lot of steps but boy was it worth it every bite. It went pretty fast too.












These are the Lady finger cookies will go in the middle of the cheesecake. This recipe has no eggs, milk, or any kinds of dairy products it is fully vegan.



INGREADENTS FOR THE LADY FINGER        
               COOKIE LAYER

~ 6 tablespoons of coconut flower

~ 3 tablespoons of palm shortening

~ 2 tablespoons of coconut nectar

~ 2 table spoons of coconut sugar


FOR THE PALEO CHEESECAKE LAYER

~ 2 3/4 cups of raw cashews

~ 1/4 cup of maple syrup

~ 1/2 cup of coconut cream

~ 1/4 teaspoon of Almond Extract

~ 2 teaspoons of Lemon Juice

~ 1/3 cup of coconut oil

~ 3 Tablespoons of Coconut Sugar

FOR THE COFFEE SYRUP

~ 1/2 cup of strong coffee

~ 2 Tablespoons of dark rum

~ 1 tablespoon of cognac

~ 2 tablespoons of Cocoa powder

~ 1/2 teaspoon of espresso powder



DIRECTIONS


FOR THE LADY FINGER COOKIE LAYER

1. preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper

2. Blend all of the Lady Finger Cookie ingredients together

3. Pour the mixture into a piping bag and make three inch logs and 1 inch thick with the dough

4. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes

5. Take them out and let them cool completely

FOR THE PALEO CHEESECAKE LAYER

1. Soak the cahews for 4 hours in water. Measure and dry three cups worth

2. Blend the cashews in a food processor for about 1-2 min until creamy

3. Add the coconut cream, maple syrup, almond extract, and lemon juice and blend until combined

4. Blend in the ghee and coconut sugar


ASSEMBLING THE CAKE

1. Combine the coffee syrup ingredients

2. Dip the Lady finger cookies into the syrup for 5 seconds ( I learned to not dip them in too long so they don't get too soggy)

3. Place the dipped cookies at the bottom of the pan

4. Layer half of the paleo cheesecake on top of them

5. Then repeat the first steps so that you have another layer and the layers should look like this








Lastly refrigerate for about 6 hours

Before you serve sprinkle with a little bit of coco powder and espresso powder.




This recipe was super yummy and a great deal of work so I don't know if I will be making it that often. Also some of the ingredients were a little hard to find, but this is something that I will defiantly be making again. It would be perfect for a Birthday or Anniversary party. I am so glad I listened to my mom/ mentor and made this recipe
not only did it taste amazing but it made me a better cook.



No comments:

Post a Comment