Sunday 11 January 2015

Vegan Lemon Raspberry cheesecake cupcakes - Bible




                 Todays recipe is one of my personal favourites. The first time I ever made it was a vegan
recipe and I've tried regular raspberry lemon cheese cake and it doesn't nearly measure up to this recipe. My mom who is my mentor is the one who picked it out and I'm glad she did because it was very yummy. I have only made it one time due to all the different ingredients but I'm very excited to
be making it again and my hope is the I will improve and it will be even better the second time.





INGREADENTS


For the crust:

1 cup of walnuts

1/2 cup of almonds

10 dates ( note : the dates are to help the nuts stick together, it tastes amazing)

1/2 t vanilla

and a pinch of salt


Lemon cheesecake layer

1 cup of cashews soaked over night

zest of 2 lemons

1/2 cup of coconut cream

1/4 cup honey

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 salt

Raspberry Topping

2 cups of frozen raspberries

2 tbs of honey

1.5 tsp of corn starch











Another fun way to prepare this cheese cake is in slices instead of cupcakes its perfect choice for dessert if your hosting a dinner.


DIRECTIONS

Crust


First you place the dates, nuts, vanilla, and salt into a food processor   and blend until it becomes sticky and can form a ball. Then divide into little balls and press them flat in cupcake wrappers. Or if you are making a cake than press into a 8 by 8 pan. And place in the fridge to cool.


Lemon filling


In a blender combine lemon zest and juice, cashews, coconut cream, vanilla, salt, and honey. Blend until smooth. Next pour the batter onto the chilled crust, cover the cupcake pan or cake pan with saran wrap and leave in the freezer while you prepare the topping.



Raspberry topping


In a small sauce pan, heat raspberries and honey over medium heat. When they start to soften add the corn starch so that thickens, and chill in the fridge for 5min.


When the lemon cheese cake becomes hardened spread the raspberry sauce on top and place back into the freezer until firm.


I am super happy to have had share this recipe with you and I hope you enjoy! I know I did :)





No comments:

Post a Comment