Sunday 11 January 2015

Vegan Spinach Dip - English



                    Yay! Its finally the new year and its time to try something new. I thought of a great new recipe for me to share with you today! This is the first time I have made it and i've fallen in love.
I don't make dips that often but I gotta say trying something new almost always pays off.









Okay in a non vegan recipe you would normally have cheese but as a replacement we are going to use raw cashews, and do they ever taste good. Iv'e made cheese sauce for my nachos with them before and I never wan't to go back.


 

   So lets get started:

 INGREADENTS:



400 grams of soft tofu

3/4 cup of raw cashew nuts make sure to soak over night and drain

1/4 cup of nutritional yeast

2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar

1/2 teaspoon of salt

260grams of spinach ( 175 grams cooked and squeezed )

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 onion

2 cloves of garlic minced

100 grams of water chestnuts

extra virgin olive oil

smoked paprika


INSTRUCTIONS

1. In a high speed blender add in the tofu, soaked cashews, nutritional yeast,
vinegar, and salt and blend until it is smooth.


2. Put the top of the spinach leaves in a bowl and rinse with cold water, drain out the
water and chop them up into small pieces


3. Add the oil, onions, and garlic to a frying pan and saute over medium heat until
the onions become brown

5. Add the water chestnuts and spinach then saute. Then turn down the heat and add the cashew puree and tofu, stir until mixed and warm.


6. Last on top drizzle with oil and sprinkle on the smoked paprika





This dip is fun to make it is also very delicious! It tastes very good with bread, vegetables
or my mom who is my mentor for this project recommended organic chips. I really hope this recipe helped and that you enjoy it as much as my family did. :)























No comments:

Post a Comment